Hello My Name Is...
Welcome to First Grade!
Thank you for sharing your child with me this school year!
I am very excited to be teaching at University Academy! I graduated from University of Missouri Kansas City with my degree in Early Childhood Education. I am also a part of the Institute of Urban Education. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us! Thank you for all of the hard work you are doing with your students at home! Your support and work at home is just as important as the time they spend with me. Just know I am always here and we are a team! ASSIGNMENTS
- Homework packets are distributed on Mondays and are due every Friday.
- Reading logs are checked every Friday! Students should be reading for at least 20 minutes nightly.
- Spelling tests are every Friday. The spelling words for the week will be sent home with the homework packets on Mondays. Classroom Rules
- Follow directions the 1st time
- Be a mindful listener
- Be safe and use hand signals
- Be kind
- Never give up PROMOTION STANDARDS
- In order to be promoted to 2nd grade, your student must meet the following expectations by the end of the year:
- Achieve a score of at least 50 on the Scholastic Reading Inventory (SRI)
- Score at least a 70% on the end-of-year math and writing/language assessments
- 70% or more of the grades on the final grade card must be Progressing or Mastered
- Fountas and Pinnell (Reading) Level J
Students must receive recommendation for promotion by their grade level team and principal,
based on satisfactory classroom performance throughout the current academic school year.
Note: Administration must approve the final decision.