Third Grade Expectations for Promotion
The above Expectations for Promotion are subject to revision be the staff of University Academy. If revision occurs notification will be given.
University Academy does not offer social promotion. At every grade level, there are specific requirements for promotion to the next grade. (2016-2017 Parent-Student Handbook)
- Students must be reading and comprehending at or above grade level by the end of the academic school year as measured by:
- Instructional Level P on the Fountas & Pinnell Running Record
- Lexile within the range of 500 - 550
- Students must score at least 70% on a final writing and language assessment.
- Students must score at least 70% on a final math assessment.
- Students must have at least a 70% average in English Language Arts and Math at the end of the year.