Hello My Name Is..
I am from St. Louis, Missouri. I went to Columbia College for my undergraduate degree in Social Work. After graduating I completed my Master’s degree in Social Work from Saint Louis University. In 2014, I worked as a Social Worker at South City Preparatory Academy, a charter school in St. Louis. I then taught 1st grade Math in Tulsa, Oklahoma during the summer of 2015 before teaching 2nd grade at University Academy last year. I am currently a member of Teach for America and am pursuing my Master's Degree in Elementary Education. I couldn't be more excited to work with your children this year and to be a part of the University Academy community. The parents, teachers, and students that I have met have shown me what a special place this school is. Here's to a great year and please reach out to me if you have any questions, concerns, or issues.
Second Grade Expectations for Promotion
University Academy does not offer social promotion. At every grade level, there are specific requirements for promotion to the next grade. (2016-2017 Parent-Student Handbook)
- Students must be reading and comprehending at or above grade level.
- Students must display mastery of 70% or more of second grade ELA, Math, and Science Standards by the end of the year.
- Students must be able to write a 5-sentence paragraph correctly, according to second grade rubric.
- Students must be reading on F&P level of M by the end of the year.
- Students must have a score of 425 or higher on the SRI test.