GOALS FOR LIFE
* I can take good care of myself even if I am mad.
* I can be productive and follow directions even if I don't want to.
* I can be okay even when others are not okay
Ms. Coleman's Classroom Rules
1. Listen to the teacher, follow directions.
2. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
3. Raise your hand to talk.
4. Stay in your seat.
5. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
6. Always do your BEST!
University Academy Kindergarten Expectations for Promotion
1. Students must be reading and comprehending at or above grade level by the end of the academic school year as measured by:
Instructional Level D on the Fountas & Pinnell Running Record;
80% or higher on the FAST assessment.
80 or higher on the Sight Word List.
2. Students must score 70% or higher on a final writing and language assessment.
3. Students must score 70% or higher on the final math assessment.
4. 70% or more of the student’s grades must be at Progressing or Mastered
Lower School Promotion Standards
1. Students must pass all core classes. (Communication Arts and Math)
2. Students must be reading and comprehending at or above grade level by the end of the academic year as measured by the Fountas & Pinnell Running Record and FAST.
3. Students must receive recommendation for promotion by their grade level team and principal, based on satisfactory classroom performance throughout the current academic school year.
4. Note: Administration must approve the final decision.
Homework packets are sent home on Fridays and are due the following Friday. Your child will receive a grade for their homework weekly.