Lower School Guidance Program
Academy Lower School Counseling program aims to create and maintain a
safe, collaborative learning community where comprehensive services are
delivered to every student to maximize his/her achievement as well as
his/her personal, social, academic, and career-related potential.
School Counseling services are delivered in four specific ways:
- School Guidance Curriculum- designing, structuring, and delivering
classroom lessons designed to achieve specific competencies in all
grades K-5 (personal/social, academic, career) and driven by the needs
of the school population.
- Individual Student Planning- assisting students with goal formation/planning (behavioral, academic, etc.)
- Responsive Services- meeting immediate student needs (individual and
group counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, referral, peer
- System Support- school wide program planning and implementation
(PBIS, Student Success Team etc.), consulting with other professionals,
coordination of various supports for students and families
To find out more about the Lower School Counseling Services please click: Coming Soon
Middle School Guidance Program
Academy Middle School Guidance Department’s role in student development
is to provide a comprehensive guidance program that addresses the needs
of all students by facilitating their academic, personal/social, and
career development as well as helping create a positive and safe
learning environment within the school. University Academy Middle School
implements three stands from the Missouri Comprehensive Guidance
Program: Personal and Social Development, Academic Development and
Personal and Social Development
- Understanding Self as an Individual and as a Member of Diverse Local and Global Communities.
- Interacting with others in ways that Respect Individual and Group Differences.
- Applying personal safety skills and coping strategies.
- Applying the Skills of Transitioning between Educational Levels
- Applying skills needed for Educational Achievement
- Applying Career Exploration and Planning skills in the Achievement of Life Career Goals
- Know where and how to obtain information about the world of work and Post Secondary training and education
Upper School Guidance Program
Academy Upper School Guidance Department’s role in student development
is to provide a comprehensive guidance program that will ensure that all
students acquire the educational and personal skills necessary to be
competitive and successful in a diverse society. The guidance counselor
in the upper school will assist each student in the development of a
four-year plan and each year will schedule course work that will
challenge the student fulfilling the goals of the four-year plan. Please
contact Ms. Donna Wilson at 412-5946 if you have questions concerning
the upper school guidance program.
guidance counselor will assist students in making a successful academic
and social transition from middle school to the Upper School. The
counselor will also assist in the formulation of the student’s
four-year-plan, culminating with an outline of a post-secondary plan of
The guidance counselor will assist students with career exploration and planning, including taking the PLAN test.
guidance counselor will assist students as they begin to explore
post-secondary options, prepare for the ACT, PSAT and other requirements
for reaching their post-secondary goals.
guidance counselor will assist students as they finalize their
post-secondary plans, and will assist in the search for resources to
help the student meet their post-secondary goals, calumniating with the
preparation of the application packets.