If you have moved and need a bus assigned based on your new address, please submit a Transportation Application.

Notice of 4th Quarter Transportation Assignment 2021

To make a temporary transportation change (ex. parent pick up for one day instead of the usual bus) fill out the End of Day Change Form.

Students who live one mile or more from University Academy will be provided bus service.

All transportation services for University Academy are provided by Apple Bus Company. Parents can contact the terminal operations manager at Apple Bus directly - 816-252-8800 - regarding problems with pick-up or drop-off times, late service, missed stops, etc.

Requests for transportation or for changes in routes or route stops, and problems and complaints, should be directed to Kendall Johnson, at 816-412-5994.

School bus conduct policies may be found in the student/parent handbook

Transportation - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • Q. How do I get my student assigned to a bus route?

A. You will need to complete a Transportation Request form, when it becomes available.

  • Q. How do I get a new route assignment if I move?

A. To get a new route assignment, you will need to complete a Transportation Request form. Since you have moved, you will also need to submit a "Change of Address" form and provide documentation that verifies your new address and confirms that it is in the Kansas City, Missouri School District. A new route will not be assigned until all the required paperwork is submitted to the Central Office.



  • Q. I have located a more convenient stop on my child's route. Can I switch to that location?

A. You will need to contact the Director of Transportation if you want to change to a different stop on your current route. Please do not take your student to the new stop without first obtaining approval.

  • Q. How do I make temporary transportation arrangements if I am out of town or have an emergency?

A. You will need to contact the Director of Transportation who will advise you of your options in an emergency or unusual situations.

  • Q. I need to report an incident that occurred on the bus. Who do I contact?

A. You may contact the Director of Transportation or the School Principal to report incidents that occur on the bus.

  • Q. My bus stop is too far - how can I get it changed?

A. University Academy works directly with the bus company to route stops that are as convenient as possible for all students. No student should be assigned a route that is more than six walking blocks from his/her transportation address. You may contact the Director of Transportation to see if there are other stops nearer to your transportation address, but as a rule, your stop will not be changed because it is too far.

  • Q. Why do some students get picked up and dropped off right in front of their house?

A. Some students may receive a curbside stop due to a medical or physical challenge.  If you believe your student is eligible, please contact the Director of Transportation.  All requests for this special accommodation must be reviewed by the LEA 504 Committee who will make the final determination regarding eligibility.

  • Q. Why is my bus stop in front of someone else's house?

A. In our efforts to group students together and avoid more than one stop on a block, students can be assigned to be picked up and dropped off at a curbside stop that is designated for a special needs student.

  • Q. My child has a condition that will prevent him/her from walking a long distance to a designated bus stop. How can I arrange to have him/her picked up at home?

A. If your child has a medical condition that requires that he/she receive a curbside stop, a Special Transportation Request form must be submitted. This form can be obtained in the Central Office. Once it is returned, the request will be submitted to the bus company and the stop added to a route. This process usually takes 5 working days.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.