Parents and guardians are critical partners with UA faculty and administrators in ensuring that students receive the best education possible. We encourage family members to involved in their children's education and make an important difference in their experience at school. Some of the ways parents and guardians can get
- Talk to your child about their school day, their friends and teachers
- Read with your child and listen to them read aloud
- Check homework assignments every night
- Talk with teachers about your child’s progress
- Attend school functions and Parent-Teacher meetings
- Make a commitment to know the expectations and standards for all
UA students, parents, faculty and administrators as outlined in the
Parent & Student Handbook. (Selected portions are shown below.)
- Limit television viewing
- Log onto PowerSchool to read about your child’s daily records
Commitment by Stakeholders
In uniformly implementing the goals, expectations, and the Guide to Student Discipline, the School Board believes that the students, their parents/guardians, and staff members must play key roles.
Commitment by Parents/Guardians
a parent/legal guardian of a University Academy student, I understand
that this school is a university preparatory program, and I will support
the rigorous curriculum necessary. I agree to support my child’s
educational program by:
- Ensuring my child regular attendance and informing the school of any absences in a timely manner.
- Encouraging my child to complete his/her homework each night.
- Maintaining communication with my child’s teachers and principal.
- Volunteering a minimum of two times per year.
- Attending parent/teacher/student conferences.
- Encouraging my child to comply with school policies and regulations.
- Supporting the Board approved Dress Code Policy.
Commitment by Students
As a student of University Academy, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will regularly be in attendance and on time.
- I understand that this school is a university preparatory academy, and I plan to attend an institution of higher education.
- I will successfully complete with pride all of my assignments on time.
- I will comply with the policies and regulations of University Academy.
- I will comply with the Board approved Dress Code Policy.
Commitment by the Staff and Administrators
As a staff member of University Academy, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will encourage students to attend school regularly and will
make whatever contacts I feel necessary to improve student attendance.
- I will provide information to students, parents, and other staff members in a timely manner.
- I will assist students, parents, and faculty members in designing and implementing effective Student Learning Plans.
- I will take action to ensure that University Academy is a safe and orderly place in which to learn.
- I will provide opportunities for student leadership and innovation in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- I will provide a student-centered, rigorous academic and meaningful academic program of instruction for all students.
- I will support the Board approved Dress Code Policy.